Backhoe Operators – Highway
Bay Ltd. is currently seeking experienced Backhoe Operators for work in the Highway Division.
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX
- Operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Follow direction of Supervisor.
- Work with ground personnel in the excavation and process of pipe installation.
- Ensure trench is excavated to proper depth/grade.
- Experienced in loading dump trucks with excavated materials.
- Conduct trench work to meet Safety/OSHA requirements.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Must have understanding of issues involving ground disturbance/unstable soil conditions.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Knowledge of proper rigging techniques to ensure safe practices are being followed when lowering materials into the excavation.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the company’s Code of Ethics, and adhere to safety standards.
- Understand survey markers.
- Other duties assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Understanding of construction processes and industry requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer