Combo Welders – Fabrication Shop
Bay Ltd. is currently accepting applications for experienced Combo Welders for shop fabrication. This position is responsible for quality performance to weld tig and stick carbon and stainless, and will test in the 6g position. This position will be responsible for welding, fabricating, and assisting Pipefitters in installing various types of pipe, including carbon and stainless. The Combo Welder will always strive to uphold the culture of Safety, Quality and Production of Bay Ltd.
- Perform pipe layout and field welding according to blueprints and specifications.
- Conduct quality welds that pass x-ray or ultrasonic inspection.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts.
- Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas arc welding equipment.
- Selects equipment, plans layouts assembly, and welding applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Actively participate in daily safety meeting, JSA’s, and safety audits.
- Cooperate with supervisors in the shop, quality control, and departments whose work affects that of this division.
- Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly condition, and cooperates with other departments in housekeeping endeavors.
- Complies with Bay’s safety procedures.
- Other duties assigned.
- 3 years’ experience welding tig and stick carbon and stainless steel pipe.
- Must have welding hood that attaches to hard hat.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment requirements: weld testing, drug screen, training, etc.
- Read and understand blueprints and work within specifications.
- Knowledge of welding processes.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer