Concrete Finisher – Highway
Bay Ltd. is currently accepting applications for experienced Concrete Finishers for the Highway Division. The Concrete Finisher reports to the Concrete Foreman, and will perform a wide variety of skilled and physical duties related to concrete maintenance and concrete finishing, primarily on flat surface concrete projects: including driveways, sidewalks, curbs, ADA Ramps and possibly Bridge items. The Concrete Finisher will always strive to uphold Bay Ltd.’s culture of Safety, Quality and Production.
- Perform concrete finishing of various flatwork or structural projects.
- Housekeeping, demolition, pouring concrete, assisting carpenters in creating forms and form-setting.
- Use safety equipment 100% of the time and work in a safe manner.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete.
- Assist in the overall cleanliness and organization of the work area, jobsite, and equipment: including tools, trucks, and trailers.
- Align forms and building concrete driveways, sidewalk, curb, ADA Ramps, concrete riprap, inlet tops, pipe collars, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work long and non-routine hours when necessary.
- Read and write safety information.
- 2 years’ of experience as a skilled concrete finisher.
- Knowledge of concrete tools, techniques, and practices.
- Preferably experienced in TXDOT bridge work, retaining walls, concrete paving, rail footings, safety end treatments, etc.
- Safely use tools: hammer, wheelbarrow, grinder, broom, trowels, floats, sledge hammer, compacting equipment, power screeds, concrete vibrator, mixer, etc.
- Read simple plans, make measurements, and set up forms in preparing to pour and finish concrete.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Lift heavy objects: sand bags, concrete bags, concrete equipment, etc.
- Twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, and work above ground on scaffolds.
- Current and valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer