Division Estimator – Soft Crafts
Position is responsible for the development of bid specifications based on drawings, customer specifications, and cost estimation requirements for soft-craft estimates.
- Responsible for identifying and quantifying cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses for soft-craft bids
- Read blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates regarding scaffolding, insulation, fireproofing heat tracing, industrial coating, painting, specialty welding, etc.
- Review and analyze customer specifications
- Coordinate input from other departments to develop cost estimates for to customer requirements
- Develop cost estimates for bids and contract revisions, and prepare request for quotations for purchasing components, and cost analysis
- Maintains job tracking as it relates to estimating
- Assist in performing project control management as it is related to cost functions and formats
- Participate in the administration of inquiry documents, scope of work, and schedule related to job
- Participate in the proposal approval process, development of bid, and estimating productions factors of cost basis
- Apply industry standards and codes to all job specifications (calculations & drawings)
- Understand the materials required for specific jobs, and readily available in the U.S.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in estimating position or equivalent hand-on field experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of the soft craft skills being estimated including code-certified specialty services for industrial maintenance and construction projects
- Knowledge and experience in Heavy Industrial Construction Industry
- Proficient in use of US customary unit’s ft., in., lbs., psi, etc.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints and technical drawings
- Proficient knowledge in Construction Industry Standards
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access
- Excellent time-management skills, self-motivated, organized, and attentive to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with customers and employees at all levels
- Ability and Willingness to Travel as required
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer