Sr. Estimator- Industrial
Position is responsible for the development of bid specifications based on drawings, customer specifications, and cost estimation requirements.
- Perform lead estimates on equipment, labor, material and subcontractors required for the industrial job and coordinate input from other departments to develop cost estimates to customer requirements
- Develop cost estimates, bids and contract revisions that address every part of building a project; prepare request for quotations for purchasing components, and cost analysis
- Report the estimating progress to the Division Manager and schedule pre-bid and final review meetings with the construction team
- Oversee the budget for bid projects
- Lead project risk, pricing analysis and maintain job tracking as it relates to estimating
- Prepare and price change orders for the project
- Responsible for identifying and quantifying cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Read and understand blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates
- Perform project control management as it is relates to cost functions and formats
- Responsible for the administration of inquiry documents, scope of work, and schedule related to job
- Lead in the proposal approval process, development of bid, and estimating productions factors of cost basis
- Act as a mentor and assist in the development of team members
- Apply industry standards and codes to all job specifications (calculations & drawings)
- Understand the materials required for specific jobs, and readily available in the U.S.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Minimum of 8-10 yrs. experience in Industrial Estimating position or equivalent hands-on field experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- Knowledge in Heavy Industrial Construction Industry and Industrial Estimating is a must
- Must have strong math skills and be proficient in use of US customary unit’s ft., in., lbs., psi, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings
- Proficient knowledge in Construction Industry Standards
- Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must have strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office, Excel, Access and Word
- Ability to work in both an office and job site environment.
- Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record is required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with customers and employees at all levels
Bay Ltd. is An Equal Opportunity Employer