Position of excavation operator is responsible for operating an excavator equipped with scoops, shovels, or buckets to excavate and load loose materials.
- Operates the excavator and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, and turn dials to operate power machinery, such as power shovels, stripping shovels, scraper loaders, or backhoes
- Become familiar with digging plans, machine capabilities and limitations, and with efficient and safe digging procedures
- Observe hand signals, grade stakes, or other markings when operating machines so that work can be performed to specifications.
- Operate machinery to perform activities such as backfilling excavations, vibrating or breaking rock or concrete
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years’ experience operating excavator and heavy equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer