Position of Foreman is responsible for a combination of duties from competence, mentorship and leadership. Promote the company safety program. Utilize the plan procedures for construction maintenance on basis of starting times and staffing requirements for each phase of projects as directed by Site Managers, Superintendents, General Foreman and clients.
- Ensure that employees comply with and enforce all company Safety, health and environmental policies and procedures that apply to your work
- Communicating expectations to employees
- Ensure that employees are safety trained prior to performing the work assigned to them
- Communicate hazards or concerns to general foreman, superintendents, safety and site management
- Conduct safety and health audits of your work area and correct them immediately
- Treat employees fairly and with respect
- Conduct and participate daily safety, toolbox, monthly and special meetings
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have 5 years’ experience as a Foreman in water and storm sewer utilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors.
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Must have working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer