Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Heavy Equipment Mechanic to Troubleshoot, repair, and preventive maintenance on heavy equipment and Cranes.
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on heavy mobile equipment and vehicles.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose repairs for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems on mobile equipment.
• Remove and disassemble engines and major systems/subsystems on fuel, hydraulic, air and oil systems.
• Work closely with parts vendors and solicit technical information as needed.
• Communicate with plant personnel and management about the scheduling and repair status of equipment.
• Record repairs and service performed, parts or materials used, and requisition new parts or materials as necessary.
• May provide training and advice for other mechanics.
• Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Must have minimum 3-5 years of experience as a heavy equipment mechanic, preferably with Cranes.
• Strong knowledge of hydraulic principles and maintenance of hydraulic systems.
• Read and understand operating manuals and technical drawings.
• Good communication skills and ability to work closely with plant personnel and vendors.
• Ability to perform work in a safe and responsible manner and must own his mechanic tools.
• Must be able to work 10-hour weekdays with occasional nights, weekends or holidays when required.
• Regularly works outdoors in varying climates and weather conditions.
• Continuously walks, stands, squats, bends, kneels, reaches overhead or twists.
• Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally works in confined spaces.
• Occasionally climbs stairs and ladders and walk on catwalks.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer