Hydraulic Motor Crane Mechanic (Lubbock, Tx)
This position is responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of various equipment including but not limited to mobile hydraulic cranes, boom trucks, forklifts, and semi-truck and trailers.
Candidates willing to relocate to Midland/Lubbock, TX Preferred.
- Responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining of Mobile Hydraulic Cranes including a comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components and systems.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to work with diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting and repairs.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- Complete all appropriate documentation and ensures records/logs of all maintenance activities are kept.
- Complete service tasks as assigned.
- Report details as needed for warranty coverage.
- Read, understand, and interpret correctly operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Understand and comply with all safety and environmental requirements.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and maintain service logs of repair status and working hours.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed per repairs.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state, and company safety laws, guidelines, and best practices.
- Ensure compliance of all safety procedures and policies while promoting Company’s safety culture.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in crane maintenance and repair
- Must supply own hand tools
- Experience with construction/crane equipment and operation. Certified diesel mechanic with experience in crane industry is preferred
- Experience in Diesel and Hydraulic Mechanic maintenance and repair. Liebherr LTM experience is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret complex hydraulic and electrical schematics
Skills / Key Competencies
- Maintain valid driver’s license and ability to pass MVR requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to understand instructions, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain required records.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement when handling day to day operations.
- Ability to work non-routine hours/days, when necessary.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Ability to work outdoors, exposed to heat and humidity, cold and rain, and around heavy traffic areas
- Work long hours with moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another constantly perform repeating motions with feet, leg, wrists, hands and/or fingers to include walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting, bending, gripping, climbing, depressing.
- Excellent depth perception and reaction time.
- Visual acuity to follow hand signals, maintain logs, and inspect and maintain machinery.
- Ability to wear required and appropriate PPE equipment.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures, fumes, or airborne particles.
- Exposure to moderate noise level in the workplace.
- Ability to operate job related tools.
- Ability to frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Work that includes moving and/or lifting objects up to 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer