Ironworker – Fabrication Shop
Bay Ltd. is currently accepting applications for experienced Iron Workers for Fabrication Shops in Corpus Christi, TX. This position is responsible for laying out and fabricating structural steel and sheet metal, weld and cut steel, interpret blueprints, and work with concrete reinforcing steel bars. The Iron Worker will strive to uphold Bay Ltd.’s culture of Safety, Quality, and Production.
- Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural steel members to form completed structures or structure framework.
- Hoist steel into place in the framework.
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable, or rope.
- Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment using plumb bob and level.
- Bolts aligned structures to keep them into position until permanently riveted, bolted, or welded in place.
- Erect Steel Frames.
- Fasten bars together with wire.
- Cut bars with metal shears and torches.
- Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary.
- Other Duties assigned.
- 3 years’ experience as an Iron Worker
- Must meet all pre-employment requirements: Craft Testing, Drug Screen, Training, etc.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer