Position of janitor will keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Service, clean or supply restrooms
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Gather and empty trash
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have 1 years’ experience as a janitor
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors.
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction
- Valid, unexpired driver’s license
- May be required to drive company vehicle
- Must be willing to travel away from home
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an equal Opportunity Employer