Position of mechanic will diagnose, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, diesel engines, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders, buses, trucks, and conveyors, used in construction.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, and their applications
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other parts to ensure that they are in proper working order
- Use hand tools, such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, or precision instruments, as well as power tools, such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment or jacks and hoists
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience as a mechanic
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors.
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer