Motor Grade Finish Operator
Position of motor grade finish operator performs either rough or fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials in order to dry and prep roads, construct road surface to precise grade specifications, lay cold mix, and/or shave and rip out old road surfaces.
- Operates the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment
- Precisely operate grade blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading
- Drive grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut
- Finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years’ experience operating a grader and heavy equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors.
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Knowledge grader and other heavy equipment
- Knowledge of road construction materials, processes and industry requirements
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer