Position of Pipe Layer is responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Ensures ground is prepped and trenches are dug out for pipes.
- Install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels.
- Cuts pipe to required lengths, connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
- Install or repair sanitary or storm water sewer structures or pipe systems.
- Covers pipes with sand, dirt, or other loose materials onto surfaces.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Drill holes in pipes for auxiliary lines
- Use magnetic or radio indicators
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years’ experience in highway, bridge, sewer, and road construction
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of highways, roads, sewers, and bridges
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer