Offshore Pipe Welder
Performs combinations of duties to fabricate or repair piping spools and systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsibilities of a Pipe Welder include complying with all Bay Ltd. safety procedures.
- He actively participates in daily safety meeting, JSA’s and audits.
- He must cooperate with superintendents, foreman, supervisors in the shop, and quality control departments whose work affects that of this department.
- He maintains the work area in a neat and orderly condition and cooperates with other departments in housekeeping endeavors.
- He is also responsible for relaying appropriate information to foreman.
- Welds metal piping components together to fabricate or repair products.
- Lays out, fits and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble piping systems and structural forms, such as tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, and within all heavy construction.
- Has the ability to read blue prints and knowledge of welding and metallurgy.
- Is required to pass employer performance tests including welding procedure specification qualification tests to meet certification standards of governmental agencies or professional and technical associations.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Time management skills and organizational skills.
- Functions effectively as part of a team.
- Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
Bay Ltd. is An Equal Opportunity Employer