Service Technician (Mechanic)
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: Troubleshoot and repairs on heavy equipment in the field environment. Communicate to FSM the necessary repairs for equipment. Utilize safe practices while operating, troubleshooting and repairs.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Provide immediate troubleshooting, repair for the Heavy Equipment Division in the field setting. To include all Safety related items, such as, seatbelts, amber warning lights, drive lights, fire extinguishers, slow moving vehicle signs, etc. The replacement of wearable items, i.e. cutting edges, shims, and ground engagement tools.
- Exercise safe practices/procedures which are consistent with Bay Ltd. Safety mission.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose repairs for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems on heavy equipment.
- Remove and disassemble major systems/subsystems on HVAC, hydraulic, pneumatic, powertrain, power pack, and electrical systems.
- Maintain company owned vehicle, tools.
- Maintain a Safe driving record.
- Repair of heavy equipment units, properly and in a timely manner.
- Convey to FSM any damages to Company owned units.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Formal technical training diploma, certificate, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret shop repair manuals and electrical schematics.
- Troubleshoot and Preform repairs in field.
- 2 years of field or shop experience.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have clean and valid driver’s license.
- Regularly works outdoors in varying climates and weather conditions
- Continuously walks, stands, squats, bends, kneels, reaches overhead or twists
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.