Position of Utility Laborer will perform any number of general laborer tasks under the direction of a supervisor for highways, roadways, sewers, and bridges.
- Load, unload, or identify materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials
- Use a variety of tools and machines such as jack hammers, drills, earth tampers, and cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, grinders, saws, pressure washers, brooms, shovels, wheel barrow, and carpenter tools.
- May dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials.
- May set up markers, cones, barricades and may be used as a flagger to control traffic
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1 years’ experience in highway, bridge, sewer, and road construction
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors
- Must be able to read, write and perform mathematical calculations
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of highways, roads, sewers, and bridges
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer