The Valve Technician position performs maintenance, assessment, repair, and testing on various types of industrial valves.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for repair and testing of various valves, including but not limited to ball valves, gate valves, butterfly valves, safety relief valves, etc.
- Perform disassembly, cleaning, inspection, measuring, reassembly and testing of valves at Bay Ltd. facilities and/or client locations.
- Follow all schematics and documented procedures in accordance with all Quality Control and ASME National Board standards that apply to the job.
- Thoroughly complete all calibration and documentation associated with testing and repairs.
- Travel to job sites and adhere to all site safety and performance requirements.
- Communicate timely updates to management, co-workers, and customers to ensure timely and successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Works closely with co-workers, management and safety coordinator to ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and 2-5 years industrial valve repair experience, or an equivalent number of years of education and experience.
- Familiar with tools and machinery required to perform daily valve repair duties.
- Experience with repairing various valves and actuators, whether pneumatic, hydraulic or electric.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises.
- Continually required to stand, walk, bend, crouch and climb.
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms.
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions (heat, cold, rain).
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer