Concrete Form Setter – Highway
Bay Ltd. is currently seeking experience Concrete Form Setters for the Highway Division. The Concrete Form-Setter reports to the Concrete Foreman and will participate and work on projects in a safe and timely manner, utilizing the highest quality of workmanship. The Form-Setter will perform various tasks involving physical labor on a highway, road, and bridge construction. They will help build and set forms for retaining walls, overhang pipe, bridges, etc. They will perform quality work at a productive rate with minimal supervision, follow company safety policies, and show up to the job site on time and ready to work. The Form-Setter will also strive to uphold Bay Ltd.’s culture of Safety, Quality and Production.
- Responsible for forming, bracing, and securing structure forms.
- Align, brace, and plum forms.
- Build forms for retaining walls and overhang pipe and bridges.
- Assist in setting deck panels, bridge deck pours and various concrete items.
- Housekeeping, demolition, pouring concrete, and assisting carpenters in creating forms and form-setting.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Use safety equipment 100% of the time and work in a safe manner.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to be work long, non-routine hours when necessary.
- Ability to read and write safety information.
- 2-5 years of experience in the concrete environment.
- General knowledge of construction plans, sketches, and blueprints.
- Must have knowledge of proper cross slopes, and acceptable tolerances of all sidewalks, ADA ramps, curbs, driveways, and other concrete structures.
- Experience in advanced wood forming.
- Knowledge of concrete tools, techniques, and practices.
- Experience in building concrete driveways, sidewalk, curb, ADA Ramps, concrete riprap, inlet tops, pipe collars, etc.
- Preferably experienced in TXDOT bridge work, retaining walls, concrete paving, rail footings, safety end treatments, etc.
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete.
- Ability to safely use tools: hammer, wheelbarrow, grinder, broom, trowels, floats, sledge hammer, compacting equipment, power screeds, concrete vibrator, mixer, etc.
- Ability to read simple plans, make measurements, and set up forms in preparing to pour and help finish concrete.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift heavy objects: sand bags, concrete bags, concrete equipment, etc.
- Ability to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, and work above ground on scaffolds.
- Assist in the overall cleanliness and organization of the work area, jobsite, and equipment: including tools, trucks, and trailers.
- Must be able to work on elevated heights.
- Knowledge in the use of concrete pumps, placement, and finishing of concrete and installation of rebar.
- A current and valid driver’s license is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer