Electrician- Memphis, TN
Position of electrician needs to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures based on job specifications and local codes
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment
- Connect cables and wire between machine and equipment
- Diagnose malfunctioning electrical apparatus
- Replace faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motors and position sensing devices
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have 3 years’ experience working as an electrician
- Needs an electrical apprentice license and to pass a Bay craft test if does not have an NCCER
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
*** Will receive 100 per day per diem if living more than 60 miles from Job Site ***
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer