Estimator – Tank and Vessel Division
Position is responsible for the development of bid specifications based on drawings, customer specifications, and cost estimation requirements.
- Responsible for identifying and quantifying cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Review and analyze customer specifications
- Coordinate input from other departments to develop cost estimates to customer requirements
- Develop cost estimates for bids and contract revisions, and Prepare request for quotations for purchasing components, and cost analysis
- Be experienced with the detail and design end of API storage tanks Stainless Steel., Duplex, and normal C.S. vessels
- Lead or Participate in the proposal approval process, development of bid, and estimating productions factors of cost basis
- Must apply industry standards and codes to all job specifications (calculations & drawings) such as API-650, API-620, AWWA D-100, and API-653 Standards of Construction
- Understand the materials required for specific jobs, and readily available in the U.S.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in estimating position or equivalent hand-on field experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- Knowledge in Heavy Construction Industry and Tank & Vessels
- Proficient in use of US customary unit’s ft., in., lbs., psi, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of API-650, API-620, AWWA D-100, and API-653 Standards of Construction preferred
- Knowledge of material requirements as they pertain to API-650, API-620, AWWA D-100, and API-653 Standards of Construction.
- Required experience with structural design for vessel appurtenances
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Access) and AME Tank design software
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with customers and employees at all levels
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer