Material Coordinator (Aransas Pass, TX)
The Material Coordinator is responsible for developing work packages using JOVIX software (material management system) and working with materials management team to coordinate the receipt of materials, inspection on condition of the materials and verification of quantities of structural and process materials received and inventoried. Position reports to Material Manager.
- Coordinate the receipt of materials, inspection on condition of materials, and verification of quantities of structural and process materials received and inventoried.
- Develop work packages using JOVIX material management system and following client/contract specifications.
- Resolves defective material issues, shipment discrepancies, and non-conformance with Bay Ltd. buyers and suppliers.
- Notifies interested parties of damage in transit and arranges for damage inspections as required and implied by the terms of shipment.
- Initiates and follows freight claims through to satisfactory resolution.
- Pull material from inventory as needed for project by reading engineering drawings.
- Operate forklift to load and unload trucks when needed.
- Develops and implements materials’ management improvement ideas.
- Responds to requests from Bay Ltd. procurement staff, project management, construction contractors, and clients.
- Relays system data and activity reports from Bay Ltd. to client.
- Assists Bay Ltd. accounts payable personnel by providing correct and timely material receiving reports and other related information required to process and pay invoices.
- Regularly communicate project management team and other designated contacts within the organization.
- Perform general mathematic calculations and understand basic measurement.
- Ensure compliance of all safety procedures and policies while promoting Bay’s safety culture
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in job related duties or equivalent experience.
- Proficient knowledge in material requirements as they pertain to Heavy Industrial Fabrication.
- Knowledge and experience in Fabrication, Structural Components, and Piping Materials is preferred.
- Ability to read project plans and drawings is preferred.
|SKILLS / KEY COMPETENCIES
- Possess working knowledge of all materials related to Heavy Industrial projects and Fabrication and Structural Components
- Ability to distinguish material types, sizes, ratings, schedules, and material grades.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and employees at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement when handling day to day information
- Must be proactive and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time-management skills to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong analytical skills are required to understand and interpret data
- Ability to complete work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams)
- Ability to quickly learn the organizations systems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have successful completion of pre-employment MVR, background, and drug screen.
- Must be able to be work non-routine hours, when necessary
- Will work in a job site setting (indoors/outdoors) which includes climbing scaffolding and ladders.
- Moving about accomplishing tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity.
- Constantly perform repeating motions that may include feet, leg, wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Frequently communicate with other members of the team. Must be able to exchange accurate information in a clear manner.
- Work that includes moving and/or lifting objects up to 70 pounds.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer