Position of painter blaster cleans surfaces of metal or hard composition objects to remove scale, sand, paint, grease, tar or dirt or prepare specified finish using abrasive blasting equipment. Prepares wood and metal surfaces for painting, and paints equipment, parts, machinery, buildings, and other working areas using a spray gun, brush and rollers.
- Shovel or pour abrasives of specified grade into machine hipper
- Mask specified areas of object to protect from sandblasting
- Regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle
- Directs blast or flow of abrasive laden air, gas, or liquid over surface to be blasted
- Reads work order or receives instructions verbally
- Prepares surface, using method of appropriate for surface to painted
- May fill cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color, according to specifications using paddle or mechanical mixer
- May erect scaffolding or set up ladder to perform tasks above ground level
- Apply paint to surface using a spray gun, brush, or roller
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors.
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have 3 years’ experience as a painter/blaster
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer