Rig Welders – Industrial Division
Bay Ltd. is currently accepting applications for experienced Rig Welders for an Industrial project in Corpus Christi, TX. This position is responsible for welding, fabricating, and assisting Pipefitters in installing various types of pipe, and will support rigs in all operations that require cutting or welding. The Combo Welder will always strive to uphold the culture of Safety, Quality and Production of Bay Ltd.
- Perform pipe layout and field welding according to blueprints and specifications.
- Conduct quality welds that pass x-ray or ultrasonic inspection.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts.
- Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas arc welding equipment.
- Selects equipment, plans layouts assembly, and welding applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Actively participate in daily safety meeting, JSA’s, and safety audits.
- Cooperate with supervisors in the shop, quality control, and departments whose work affects that of this division.
- Maintains the work area in a neat and orderly condition, and cooperates with other departments in housekeeping endeavors.
- Complies with Bay’s safety procedures.
- Other duties assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Rig Welder.
- Must have welding hood that attaches to hard hat.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment requirements: weld testing, hair follicle drug screen, criminal background check, safety council, Berry training, etc.
- Read and understand blueprints and work within specifications.
- Knowledge of welding processes.
- TWIC Card.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer