Position of pipe welder, Uses hand welding, flame cutting, welding Tig (GTAW) and Stick (SMAW) on carbon steel and stainless steel.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, and maintenance.
- Operate welding machines.
- Knowledge of welding and metallurgy (SMAW, GTAW,)
- Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written with co-workers, and supervisors.
- Adhere to strict safety standards and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 3 years’ experience as a welder
- Must pass a combo weld test (stick & tig)
- Must be able to twist, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch as required to perform essential functions for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carry at least 30 pounds and up to 150 pounds with help.
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions, hot and cold weather.
Bay Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer